Thursday, July 16, 2015

Daisy, Daisy

I lay here awake. I'm not usually a morning person, I'm a night owl for sure! My dog (my son's dog) decided to be an alarm clock this morning.  Thoughts going through my head.  Should I get up and go to the gym...well that's a waste of a perfectly quite house.  Check Facebook.  Play my current game- still stuck on same level-need more lives.  I don't dare move for fear of waking the whole house!  My mind is racing with childhood caches. A childhood prayer, Now I lay me down to sleep if I should die before I awake I pray The Lord my soul to take. I'm awake so thank you Lord for a new day! Then my Mom runs through my head! I don't remember her banging on my door trying to wake me up all she had to do is press this button on a toy flower pot we kept in the bathroom.  🎶Daisy daisy up with the morning dew...Isn't it a beautiful day🎶 This now sits in my guest bathroom. On a scale of 1-pure evil if I go push that button right now? ...kidding, it would be my own nightmare to start the day this early.  Next song through my mind the church classic, 🎶Arise and shine and give God the Glory Glory, Rise and shine and give God the Glory glory children of the Lord🎶  I do give you all the glory Lord for this beautiful new day! Thank you for making it a productive, fun, fulfilling day for each member of this home! Oh nooooooo I hear a kiddo moving ;)

1 comment:

American Woman said...

Karbear, I stumbled upon your blog after a quick Google search for "daisy daisy up with the morning dew toy". You see, when my now 17 year old daughter was 2 years old, my mother in law got her this toy as a gift for her first grand child. At some point through the years, during purging toys and toy boxes and such, I got rid of the loud obnoxious toy that she no longer played with. My mother in law passed away a little over 10 years ago. I now hate myself for ever getting rid of the dancing singing daisy toy. It brings back such fond memories of my little girls childhood and the love that my mother law had for her first grandchild. For the last few years, I've been on the look out for a replacement. I've made it my mission to track one down over the next year. I wish to send my daughter off to college with it next fall so that she has a constant reminder that her Mom-mom adores her even in death and is with her always as she "wiz's through her days". This maybe a long shot, but would you be willing to sell me yours? I'm willing to pay way over its actual monetary value. This is not a joke. cherylleivers@gmail.com